Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pretty Cakes and Bloody Arrows

Continuing on The Hunger Games fad from the last post, I'm pleased to say I've depleted my stock of marshmallows. Send me some attached to a silver parachute, anyone?

More on the movie adaptation, I forgot to mention that I was disappointed that some of the scenes form the book got cut out. Like Madge giving Katniss the Mockingjay pin. And the mutts being some kind of respawns of the dead tributes. And the fluffy scene where Katniss tells Peeta that he doesn't "have much competition anywhere." I mean that scene makes me cringe, but in a good well-I-guess-that-is-cute way. But the style of the movie was great, it really brought the audience into the arena with Katniss. I loved the scene when they arrived at the Capitol, you could immediately feel the hype coming from the Capitol crowd. Jennifer Lawrence played Katniss' social awkwardness very well, too. I thought Peeta's on-air confession about his crush on Katniss was too melancholic, but the scene where he sniffs around with Caesar was adorable.

On the topic of adorable, I found these pictures via buzzfeed. It's a Hunger Games themed wedding. Pretty pictures. I couldn't find who the photographer/model/agency was who did the original post though, the article didn't say. Sorry about the lack of credits :(





It'd be lovely if they actually did a short scene of Peeta and Katniss' actual wedding on the third movie. On top of that, I vote a 76th Hunger Games be held to fight for the first slice of cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment