Monday, April 2, 2012

Good News for the Average College Student

To all the budding alcoholics out there (not me, I swear), here is your chance to (as ThinkGeek so adeptly said) "ferment your own happiness."

I hear there's finally a decent DIY somerandomdrink-to-alcohol kit out there. The DIY Juice to Alcohol kit!


Of course you'll have to certify that you're over 21 to buy this (see, not me), and at $13 a piece, it doesn't seem much of a price improvement over regular store-bought booze, but isn't the idea of making your own alcohol just marvelous? Just think of all the amazing chemistry you're doing all in the comfort of your own humble abode!

Actually, it might be a good way to save, because each kit turns SIX 64oz juice bottle to booze, though it doesn't actually specify how strong the booze is. I was thinking something along the line of beer and Smirnoff ice, perhaps? Of course, even then, 64 oz could feed a round of Kings Cup. Plenty to go around.

Again, I must stress that I doubt I'll be able to try this (legally) for a couple years here, but maybe if they ship to Indonesia? Booze taxes are insane back home.

I hear it goes awesome with cranberry juice, hit ThinkGeek to finally have that cost-saving house party you've always dreamed of throwing.

No comments:

Post a Comment